Who we've supported
The Trust recognises the ever increasing financial burden of training and competing at the higher end of sport and offers financial assistance to juniors who have shown proven ability in their sport. The main aim of the Trust is to support enthusiastic youngsters, showing potential, to compete at Representative Level.
The list is long, but we want it to be longer
We are delighted with both the volume and diversity of the people and clubs that we have been able to support since 2010, and our aim is to keep on going!
|Gala Cricket Club Junior Section||£4000|
|Gala Boxing Club||
|Torwoodlee Golf Club||
|Gala Cricket Club Junior Section||£1000|
|Torwoodlee Golf Club||
|Gala Golf Club (Ladhope)||£1000|
|Torwoodlee Golf Club||£500|
|Gala Cricket Club Junior Section||
|Gala Golf Club (Ladhope)||£800|
|Gala Boxing Club||£750|
|Gala Swimming Club||£1,000|
|Gala Cricket Club Junior Section||£1,500.00|
|Fjordhus Reivers Hockey Club Junior Section||£1,000.00|
|Gala Red Triangle||£750.00|
The Athletes We've Supported
Take a look at the athletes we have supported and what they have achieved so far.
- Member of Hutchison Vale Under 16s
- Currently training with Aberdeen FC and Falkirk FC
- Member of Scotland Boys Youth Team
- Tweedbank PC Borders Fjordhus (2010)
- Selected for U12 Borders Hockey Development squad 2011
- Competed in National Primary School Festival 2011
- Selected for Sports Academy Skills session 2011
- Moved up to Borders Fjordhus U15s 2012
- Selected for U14 Borders Hockey Development squad 2012
- Selected to attend Scottish Hockey talented ID, Largs, summer 2012
- Selected for Sports Academy squad 2012
- Scottish Inter District U17 XC Champs. 6th
- 1st Team McCain GB XC Challenge (Antrim) U17s. 8th
- Finished 4th,7th & 2nd in 2010 selection races . GB K1W U18
- Overall 4th boat (1st Reserve)
- 2 day Junior International Slalom Event Merano Italy. 2nd & 1st
- GB K1W J16 Champs. 1st
- Scottish Schools K1W J18 Champs. 1st
- Scottish K1W J16 Champs. 1st
- Scottish National K1W J18 Champs. 1st
- Member of East of Scotland Institute of Sport
- Gala 1st XI player
- Leading run scorer for Gala 1st XI 2011
- Scored 136 vs Selkirk for Gala 1st XI
- Two caps for Scotland U15s
- Scored 51 not out vs Herefordshire U15 for Scotland U15
- Eastern Senior Academy player
- Scotland U17 trialist
- Won Borders Under 18 Championship
- Youngest ever player to play for Borders Mens Senior Team
- Represents Tweedbank Indoor Bowling and Gala Bowling Club
- Capped for Scotland Under 25s & part of the home int squad
- Currently plays cricket for Gala 2nds, St Boswells Ladies, Gala U16s
- Six caps for Scotland Under 17s Women and selected to play again
- Best Figures 3-12
- Gala Under 15s Border League winners 2010
- Gala Under 15s National 2011 Women's Indoor champions
- Gala Under 15s semi finalist of 2011 Scottish Cup
- Member of Hutchison Vale Football Club and South East Region
- Team won South East Region Cup and Steward Brien Cup
- Winner of 1st Division League
- Runner Up in Scottish Cup
- Member of Athlete Support Programme
- Training and playing for Boroughmuir Girls at Meggetland, Edinburgh
- Successfully trialled for South East Scotland U15s squad in 2011
- Aiming to trial for Scotland Under 15s in the future
- Plays for Galashiels Academy
- Undertaken 8 wk strength & conditioning prog at Telford College
- National Indoor Championships 2012:
5th in the 60m final - ranked 5th in Scotland for under 18 for 60m
- Border Games circuit 2011:
Peebles - lap final, backmarker - 3rd
Morebattle - 90m final, backmarker - 3rd
Tweedbank - 200m final - 2nd
- Pitlochry Highland Games 2011:
First senior race - 5th in final
- Scottish Schools' Championships 2011:
200m final - 6th
Ranked 6th in Scotland for under 18 for 200m
Ranked 8th in Scotland for under 18 for 100m
- Liam played youth football at Clovenfords JFC before moving to Kelso Youth FC for 3 years.
- In 2009 he moved to Hutchison Vale FC in Edinburgh and has played for the last 3 years in boys club football.
- He has won the Division 1 title twice playing in a variety of positions including centre half/left back/striker and midfield.
- His consistent performances have led to trials for the SYFA National Squad at U-15 and U-16 levels.
- He currently trains with Aberdeen FC at their Edinburgh regional centre
- In 2011 I won the Mini Downhill Series at Innerleithen and second place in the Alpine Winter downhill series race.
- In final year in the juvenile category was seeded 1st in Scotland from the previous years results and managed to maintain the 1st place position throughout the season
- In the SDA series managed to secure 1st place at both Glencoe and Pitfichie, and a 3rd place at local track Innerleithen and also 3rd in the final race at Ae Forest.
- Scottish Downhill Association series Champion for 2012.
- Member of the South and East of Scotland Performance Squad
- Member of National Training Squad
- Represented South of Scotland County at U9 and U10 Level
- Summer 2012 Rankings
- 1st in Tennis Borders District
- 1st in South Of Scotland County
- 2nd in Scotland
- Top 50 in Britain
The Sportif judo camp would probably be the hardest training and randori (practice contest) I have ever done. It was a great experience getting to train with people from different countries to see what they do. Going to this camp showed me how hard some clubs train and that I really needs to get my act together and train much harder and with more people. Overall the camp was a great experience and really good fun."
- Club Sportif Judo.
- Part Of Judo Scotland Development Squad.
- Ranked No1 In Britain in Cadet U52KG Category.
- Won 3 British Championships.
- International Cadet Champion 2012/2013
- International Junior Champion 2013
- Club Tyncastle U15.
- East Region Select Squad.
- Scotland U15 Development Squad.
- Selected To Train With Raith Rovers, Aberdeen & Cowdenbeath.
- Swim in the Scottish National Age Group and Open Championships each year.
- 3rd in Scottish Schools Championships 2013
- 59.46 seconds for 100 metres freestyle.
- 26.99 seconds for 50 metres freestyle.
- Finalist in East Districts and Scottish National Open Long Course.
- Finlay started competing in 2012 aged 10
- He won his first gold medal for backstroke at Grangemouth swimming pool during the Scottish National Championships.
- He continued his success in 2013 achieving more gold medals.
- His highlight was being invited to join the East of Scotland Swimming Squad.
- Member of Tynecastle FC U13s 1st team
- Played for Gala Fairydean Rovers Edinburgh league
- Attended just for keepers for 1 year
- Travelling to Sweden to play in the Gothia cup 2014
- Ranked No1 U12 in Scotland
- U13 National squad member
- Scottish National U11 Singles and Doubles champion
- Scottish Team Olve Jot Belgium [semi final singles]
- 3 Times Border Primary School champion
- Glasgow School of sport U12 Singles and Doubles champion
- East Lothian U12 Singles and Doubles champion
- Scottish School age group U12 tournament Singles and Doubles Champion
- West of Scotland u13 doubles champion
- Ranked No 3 U11 in Scotland
- U13 National squad member
- Glasgow School of Sport U11 Singles and Doubles Champion
- Scottish School age group tournament U11 Doubles Champion
- Scottish Team Olve Jot Belgium (April 2014)
- Age 10, has been doing Judo since she was 5 years
- Member of Sportif Judo Club
- Sportif International Champion 2014
- Scottish Ageband Silver Medallist 2013
- Scottish Mini mons Bronze Medallist 2012 & 2013
- Member of Judo Scotland Talent Development squad
- Gymnasts (Women's artistic gymnastic)
- Member of City of Edinburgh Gymnastics Club
- In 2014 was selected to be part of Scottish Regional Development Squad
- Has passed in age Regional grades 14 (2013) and 13 (2014)
- Current u16 2014 British Champions runner up in 2013.
- Selected to be part of the u19 British team playing in the World Floorball Championships in Madrid, Spain.
- Played in all the 4 games against Spain, Estonia, Belgium and Estonia.
- Winning the Ukraine game, the first time Britain have won, was the youngest scorer in the tournament.
- 1st Scottish Champs 2013
- 6th Overall British Series 2013
- 4th Overall Scottish Series 2013
- 7th National Champs 2014
- 12th Overall British Series 2014
- 5th Overall Scottish Series 2014
- National U11 squad
- Borders performance squad
- Duns badminton club player
- 3rd Anglo/Scottish u12 team event (Borders team)
- Kelso primary school 2014 doubles winner
- QF singles Border primary school championships
- Scottish National age group Championships, Aberdeen 2014
- SILVER Medalist 200m Butterfly 12&U
- BRONZE Medalist 100m Butterfly 12&U
- British Age Group Championships in Sheffield, In July 2014 qualified for 2 Events
- 200m Butterfly final -10th Place
- 100m Butterfly - 16th place
- October 2014
- Scottish Schools Time Trials
- GOLD Medalist 200m Butterfly
- GOLD Medalist 100m Butterfly
- BRONZE Medalist 200m Freestyle
- Distance - 4 swims, 4 pb's - November 2014
- 800m Free - 4th Place
- 400m I/M - 4th Place
- 100m I/M - 3rd Place
- 400m Free - 5th Place
- 200m Events - 4 swims, 4 pb's, Bronze Medal - November 2014
- 200m Fly - BRONZE Medalist
- 200m Free - 9th Place
- 200m Back - 8th Place
- 200m Breast - 21st Place
- 100m Events - 5 swims, 5 pb's - January 2015
- 100m Fly - 5th Place
- 200m I/M - 5th Place
- 200m Breast - 21st Place
- 100m Free, Back & Breast outside points.
- Lucy Inglis age 17yrs from Melrose currently a 6th year student at Earlston High School.
- Plays Club hockey with Watsonions Hockey Club, Edinburgh.
- Represented Scotland at both U16 & U18 age group level with 12 Scottish caps to date.
- Proudest moment of season 2014 was being selected as part of Team Scotland for UK School Games hosted by Manchester last september, a multi sport event for the nations most talented youngsters, and returning home with a gold medal and Hockey champions of the games.
- Aims for this season 2015 is to continue to work and train hard and hope to make selection to represent Scotland at the European Hockey Championships in Santander, Spain this coming July.
- Scottish Schools
- British Milers Club
- Team Edinburgh
- Ranked 5th in UK U17 for 1500m
- Borders Schools 800m Champion
- Border Schools Cross Country Champion.
- Club: Gala Harrier/Edinburgh AC
- Selected to run for Scotland at Irish Home International where I placed 4th overall helping team Scottish Gold.
- Placing 6th in Scottish National Cross Country which meant I was selected to represent Scotland East at the Inter-counties in Birmingham.
- Being part of the winning Team Borders at East District Championship.
- Running twice for Scotland East at the Great Winter Cross Country in Edinburgh.
- PLAYS FOR TYNECASTLE BOYS CLUB, EDINBURGH,
- POSITION – CENTRE MIDFIELD
- WON THE JOHN CRAWFORD MEMORIAL CUP, EDINBURGH IN JUNE 2015
- WON THE JEWEL MINERS CUP, EDINBURGH IN JUNE 2015
- PLAYED IN THE GOTHIA WORLD CUP FOR YOUTHS 2014
- PLAYING INT HIS YEAR’S GOTHIA WORLD CUP FOR YOUTHS IN JULY 2015
- Border Elite Swim Team
- Gala ASC
- Border Barracudas and Scottish National Para Squad
- Member of the Athlete Support programme
- Best achievements
- S10 Scottish record holder for 50M freestyle
- 100M freestyle
- 200IM and just recently scooped 100M backstroke
- Former player with Chirnside Juniors F.C
- Joined Hearts Girls in January 2014
- Kim Little League winners 2014
- Kim Little League Cup winners 2014
- Scottish Cup Runners-Up 2014 losing 2-0 to Celtic.
- Currently playing in her second season with Hearts U13's.
- Member of Judo Scotland's Talent Development Squad.
- Joined Hearts Girls in January 2014
- Scottish Cadet Champion 2013
- Scottish junior Champion 2014
- Ranked 3rd in Great Britain(cadet <52kgs)
- Clubsport Tweeddale Junior sports personality of the year 2013/14
- Grand Prix winner 2014(cadet <52kgs)
- Selected to represent Scotland at the Sainsburys school games 2014/15
- International Sportif Champion 2015 (Cadet <52kgs)
- Selected to represent Great Britain at Euro Cup in Spain
- Selected to represent Scotland at the National Teams Competition and won gold with the Junior girls 2015
- 1st place Youth at Borders Championship, Bowhill Estate, Selkirk
- Overall series winner of Borders Mini Downhill series
- BASE downhill student 2015 at Borders college.
- 11th place at Fort William SDA 2015
- Selected for the first SDA academy 2014/15
- Plays for Hutchison Vale Boys Club, EDINBURGH (joined 2012)
- Position – Centre Midfield
- Undefeated in season 2015/2016 so far. (16 games)
- Playing in next year’s Gothia Youth World Cup in July.
- Gymnastics (Woman's Artistic Gymnastics)
- Member of Lasswade Gymnastics Club
- Has passed in age Regional Grade 14 and Regional Grade 5 with distinction
- Recently took part in a Scottish Gymnastics competition in Perth and placed 1st on Beam, 6th on Bars and 3rd overall in her age group
- Club, East March -Sportif Judo
- Member of Judo Scotland Talent Development Squad
- Habari Kahn Gold Medallist 2014
- Scottish Championships Bronze Medallist 2014
- Clyde Challenge Grand prix Silver Medallist 2015
- Granite City Championships Gold Medallist 2015
- Scottish National u50kg Cadet Champion 2015
- Scottish Championships 60m Silver Medallist 2014 and 2015
- Scottish Schools 100m Bronze Medallist 2014
- Pitreavie Young Athlete Trophy 100m winner 2015
- Border Schools 100m and 200m champion 2014 and 2015
- Member of Edinburgh AC UK League winners 2015
- Member of Team Borders winners of FVL League 2015
- Won New Year Sprint Youths 60m 2014
- 60m - Ranked 2 nd in Scotland
- 100m and 200m – Ranked top 5 in Scotland
- Under 13 National squad member
- Borders performance squad member
- Duns club member
- Under 11 National champion singles & doubles
- Under 12 Glasgow school of sport champion
- Primary school champion
- Winner of a SSBU under 14 competition
Letting People Know About Your Success
Letting people know about how the money we raise is used to support sportspeople and clubs is really important to us. If you are one of those we have supported, please take the time to update us on your progress by completing one of the forms indicated below.
We would like to remind everyone that sending your feedback is part of the terms and conditions of receiving an award.