Settle Cricket Club handed over a cheque for £235 to the Rowan Boland Memorial Trust on Sunday. The north Yorkshire side were scheduled to play Gala at Meigle Park in the side’s annual Davidson-Paterson Memorial match. However, the weather once again put paid to the game, with Settle winning a bowl off 5-4. Both sets of players and supporters then enjoyed a day in the clubrooms which included Andrew Davidson of Settle CC handing over the cheque to Trust chairman David Boland. The money came from bucket donations collected by the club from a league match the week before. A trust spokesman said: “Huge thanks to Settle CC for their kind donation, which will help a young sportsperson in the Borders onto the next step on the ladder.”
- Members and staff of the Scottish Building Society
- Beth Johnston has revealed the secret of her para-swimming success which is sending her to the Commonwealth Games
- The Rowan Boland Memorial Trust returns to its roots for this year’s annual ball
- It started off in a garden with 20 people to raise money for a local charity
- A Galashiels tyre firm has rubber-stamped its support for the Rowan Boland Memorial Trust.